Feeling like snackin’ on something or needing that energy booster drink to keep you going? How about trying this delicious smoothie that’s filled with healthy fibers and rich in antioxidants. Not only is it super delicious but also very nutritious as well!
This cheery chia berry smoothie contains strawberries, blackberries and the energy-boosting superfood chia seeds. How fantastic is that? It’s a delicious smoothie with simple ingredients blend together for an antioxidant powerhouse.
These berries contain vitamin C and are rich in the mineral manganese, which are essential for protecting your body’s tissue from oxygen-related damage. So go ahead and keep snackin’ on them! 🙂
This afternoon I made a cheery chia berry smoothie for snack and want to share it with you.
Prep time: 5-7 minutes
Serves: 1 serving
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 1/2 cup of blackberries
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional for additional sweetness)
- Wash berries and dry with a paper towel. (Cut strawberries into smaller pieces if they are too big)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a glass.
- Let smoothie sit for a few minutes (3-5 mins) for chia seeds to expand to that gelatin-like substance and then enjoy!
*Everyone has their own preferences, so feel free to use frozen berries, any other kind of milk or yogurt and add more honey for additional sweetness. 🙂
I hope you will enjoy this cheery smoothie as much as I did. Have an awesome day!
Happy healthy eating,